Heroes of Archetype
Staff of Elemental Power
Alafa became attuned to this on 06/01/2015.
Stats: This staff can be wielded as a magic quarterstaff that grants a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you gain a +2 bonus to your Armor Class, +2 bonus to your spell attack rolls, and +2 bonus to your spell saving DC.
Charges: The staff has a maximum number of charges equal to 5 + your character level, for the following properties. The staff regains 2d8 + 4 expended charges daily at dawn. If you expand the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the staff retains its +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls but loses all other properties. On a 20, the staff regains 1d8 + 2 charges.
Power Strike. When you hit with a melee attack using the staff, you can expend 1 cahrge to deal an extra 1d6 force damage to the target.
Absorption: When you succeed a saving throw against a hostile magical effect you gain 1 charge, up to the maximum number of charges.
Spells. While holding this staff you can use an action to expend 1 or charges to cast from the Staff’s spell list, using your spell DC and spell attack bonus.
- Cone of Cold (5 Charges) – PHB. 224
- Fireball at 5th level (5 Charges) – PHB. 241
- Globe of Invulnerability (6 Chrages) – PHB. 245
- Levitate (2 Charges) – PHB. 255
- Lightning Bolt at 5th level (5 Chrages) – PHB. 255
- Stoneskin (4 Charge) – PHB. 278
- Vitriolic Sphere at 5th level (5 Charges) – EE. 23
- Wall of Force (5 Charges) – PHB. 285
- Watery Sphere (4 Charges) – EE. 23
Retributive Strike. You can use an action to break the staff over your knee or against a solid surface. The staff is destroyed and releases its remaining magic in an explosion that expands to fill a 30-foot-radius sphere centered on it.
You have a 50 percent chance to instantly travel to a random plane of existence, avoiding the explosion. If you fail to avoid the effect, you take force damage equal to 16 x the number of charges in the staff. Every other creature in the area must make a DC 17 Dexterity save throw. On a failed save, a creature takes an amount of damage based on how far away it is from the point of origin. On a successful save, a creature takes half damage.
- 0-10 feet away: 8 x charge amount
- 11-20 feet away: 6 x charge amount
- 21-30 feet away: 4 x charge amount