Heroes of Archetype
Oath of Freedom
Oath Spells: You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
- 3rd – jump, expeditious retreat
- 5th – knock, pass without trace
- 9th – haste, phantom steed
- 13th – dimension door, freedom of movement
- 17th – passwall, teleportation circle
Channel Divinity: When you take this Oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Momentum. As an action, you can use your Channel Divinity to grant creatures of your choice swift reactions. As a reactions any designated creature (including yourself) can move their base movement speed without provoking attacks of opportunity.
- Renounce Enemies. As an action, you can raise your holy symbol and begin to utter ancient words that are painful to aberrations and monstrosities. Each abberations or monstrosty that can hear you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes damage.
- A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can’t willingly move within 30 feet of you. It also can’t take reactions. For its action, it can only use the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there is no unoccupied space that the creature can move into, it can take the Dodge action.
- If the creature’s true form is concealed by an illusion, shapeshifting, or other effect, that form is revealed while it is turned.
Pursuit of Justice: Starting at 7th level, it is increasingly difficult to slow your progress. You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have advantage on saving throws against effects at impede or halt movement (not including incapacitation effects).
- At level 18, the range of this aura increases to 30 feet.
Unbreakable Spirit: Starting at 15th level, when you have failed a saving throw against a condition, the next time you roll the save against the same condition, you make it at advantage.
Holy Upheaval: At 20th level, the paladin can, as an action, make the air thick with divine energies. Each creature of his or her choosing must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or be affected by for up to 1 minute.
- An affected target’s speed is halved, it takes a -2 penalty to AC and Dexterity saving throws, and it can’t use reactions. On its turn, it can use either an action or a bonus action, not both. Regardless of the creature’s abilities or magic items, it can’t make more than one melee or ranged attack during its turn.
- If the creature attempts to cast a spell with a casting time of 1 action, roll a d20. On an 11 or higher, the spell doesn’t take effect until the creature’s next turn, and the creature must use its action on that turn to complete the spell. If it can’t, the spell is wasted.
- A creature that begins it’s turn affected by Holy Upheaval takes 4d10 psychic damage.
- A creature makes another Wisdom saving throw at the end of its turn. On a successful save, the effect ends for it.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a long rest.